Veterinary Medical Center’s Action Plan to COVID-19
At Veterinary Medical Center, we are here to advocate for every animal, and we are committed to improving their lives. During the Covid-19 viral outbreak, we are also focused on the health and safety of all our clients and employees, without compromising the quality of our veterinary services. Please understand due to scheduling changes, we cannot guarantee doctor preference appointments at this time.
We are adhering to the latest information, protocols and tools from the world’s leading health experts and government authorities – including the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control – to maximize the effectiveness of our response.
FOR STANDARD APPOINTMENTS
In the interest of all of our clients and staff, the VMC team requests that clients who are exhibiting any symptoms of illness refrain from coming to the facility. Instead, have a family member or friend bring your pet, or request an exam through the TeleVet app. Click the link gettelevet.com, and click the box titled For Owners. Download the TeleVet app to your phone or tablet, add payment information, and you are ready to send a virtual consultation to VMC. This telemedicine feature is only available for existing clients.
We are postponing all non-essential appointments until further notice. The exceptions to this are part of series vaccinations due over 4-5 weeks, and rabies vaccinations. Non-essential appointments include:
• Annual Wellness exams that do not require rabies vaccine.
• New Client/New Patient Wellness Appointments
• Nail Trims/Anal Gland Expressions, unless deemed medically necessary.
• Surgical Consultations
• Acupuncture Appointments
• Laser Therapy
• Domestic and International Travel Appointments
We are postponing all routine surgery until further notice. There is a shortage of sterile equipment needed for surgery, so only the most vital procedures will be performed at this time.
We ARE available for sick or injured patients. We have instituted “curbside” drop off and pick up service. When you arrive at VMC, please call 410-822-8505 and inform the staff of your name and pet’s name and what you are here for. Please also let them know the make/color of your car. A staff member will greet you at your car and take your pet to the exam room for exam and diagnostics. The doctor will call you to ask and answer questions, discuss the diagnostic plan, and discuss what treatments your pet needs. A medical care plan will be provided if needed. At the end of the appointment, the staff member will return your pet to your car and collect payment; we prefer credit card payment please.
For a patient in need of end of life care services, we will do everything possible for you and your pet that keeps everyone safe. Call (410) 822-8505 when you arrive at VMC, to discuss what works best for your family. You will be directed to the backdoor entrance, where one person and your pet can enter. We are committed to making this difficult time easier for you and your beloved pet.
FOR MEDICATION REFILLS
• We request all medication refills are through our online pharmacy. Go to com, and click the link Home Delivery. This will take you to the online pharmacy, where you can request prescription refills.
• We are limiting the amount of medication we dispense from our pharmacy to a 2 week supply. We are limiting food to 1bag/case/pet at a time.
• If picking up medication at VMC, a staff member will call you when your pet’s prescription is ready for pick up and will collect payment over the phone.
• Please call our office at (410) 822-8505 when you arrive to pick-up the medication and a staff member will bring the medication out to your car.
We are following all recommendations based on the CDC, the AVMA, and the MD State Veterinary Board to maintain a clean, safe workplace. We have heightened our already stringent practices of disinfection and cleaning. For added safety, we have segregated the staff into teams that are working different shifts.
We are doing everything we can to provide a safe and sanitary experience when you visit us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, and check back with us regularly for additional updates.