Pet Surgical Services
Veterinary Medical Center’s surgical team has many years of experience and advanced training in orthopedic and general surgery for dogs and cats. We carefully screen your pet prior to surgery to be sure that your pet is a good candidate for anesthesia. We recommend laser surgery for most routine and complex surgeries.
We perform a wide range of general and orthopedic surgery, including:
• Growth excisions and other soft tissue surgery
• Orthopedic surgery (for example, ACL repair, fracture repair)
• Spay and neuter
• Abdominal exploratory surgery
• Laceration repairs
• Oral/periodontal surgery
• Emergency surgery (for example, wound repair, foreign object removal)
• Urinary bladder surgery
• Declaw (laser only)
We provide the same level of patient monitoring that you would receive if you were having surgery. All pets that undergo surgery at Veterinary Medical Center are carefully monitored and have their blood pressure, heart rate, rhythm, and blood oxygen levels monitored by a specially designated veterinary technician and high-tech equipment. Your pet will receive pain medication before, during, and after the surgical procedure.
Our surgical services and facilities include:
• Laser Surgery: Veterinary Medical Center is one of the most experienced veterinary hospitals capable of performing laser surgery. There are numerous advantages to laser surgery:
• Less pain – Laser energy seals nerve endings as it moves through tissue resulting in your pet feeling less pain post-operatively.
• Less bleeding – The laser seals small blood vessels during surgery, allowing the doctor to perform surgeries with less bleeding and greater precision.
• Less swelling – Laser energy does not crush, tear or bruise tissue because only a narrow beam of intense light contacts the tissue and seals small lymphatic vessels to further reduce post-operative swelling.
• A fully equipped surgical suite capable to perform most types of soft tissue and orthopedic surgery.A fully-trained veterinary and technical nursing staff to ensure the safest, most efficient state-of-the-art procedures for your pet
• ECG and oxygen saturation monitors
• Heated surgery tables for greater comfort for your pet
• Monitored sterilization techniques to verify sterilization is complete
At Veterinary Medical Center we believe in maximizing the comfort of your pet during and after his/her surgical procedure. Proper pain management improves your pet’s recovery and speeds the healing process. We use a multi-modal approach to pain management. A multi-modal approach refers to the layered administration of small amounts of different drugs to minimize any pain that your pet might feel during or after the procedure. Because we administer lower doses of each individual drug, your pet will experience fewer adverse side effects, more complete pain relief and faster post-operative recovery.