The veterinarians at Veterinary Medical Center recommend pet identification microchipping. This simple, virtually painless procedure installs a tiny chip the size of a grain of rice under your pet’s skin, between the shoulder blades. Each tiny microchip is encoded with unique information about your pet. This information is entered into a national database. Veterinary hospitals and animal shelters across the country are equipped with special scanners capable of detecting and reading microchips. If your pet is lost, his or her microchip is scanned and the information is used to reunite you and your best friend.
Veterinary Medical Center recommends Microfindr™ microchips to help reunite pets with their families.
Microfindr™ Pet Identification System offers:
• FREE pet registration at www.PetLink.net
• No annual subscription or maintenance fees
• 24/7 customer service by phone at 1-877-petlink (738-5465) or at www.petlink.net
• International Standards Organization (ISO) compliance allowing you to travel anywhere in the world with your pet and be assured that an ISO compliant scanner can help them find their way home
• Online tools and community support that may help with the search for your pet
• is implanted a safe and quick process
• requires no surgery or anesthesia
• is well-tolerated
• is designed to last for the life of your pet
• can be implanted during a routine veterinary office visit
Registering your pet’s microchip is easy! Just visit the www.petlink.net website to register your pet’s microchip online.
You can visit the AVMA’s website to learn more about some of the most frequently asked questions about microchipping.
You can also use the Pet Microchip Lookup web site to find a pet’s owners based on the microchip number, independent of the microchipping company.
Please give us a call today to have your pet microchipped.