Puppy Care and Vaccinations
Congratulations on your new puppy! We are eager to meet the newest member of your family so we may welcome him or her into our family.
Your Puppy’s First Wellness Exams
Caring For Your PuppyInitial exams include thorough “nose-to-tail” physical evaluations and allow us to establish an individualized wellness care plan for your puppy. The first few visits will allow you to develop a relationship with us, allow our veterinarians to complete your puppy’s vaccination series, start your puppy on heartworm medication, begin parasite prevention and monitor any developing medical or behavioral conditions your puppy may develop.
Your puppy’s first wellness exams will include:
• Comprehensive physical exams
• Fecal analysis (intestinal parasite screening)
• Development of an immunization protocol based on your puppy’s individual needs
• Vaccinations, depending on your puppy’s age and health history
• Discussion of heartworm disease & intestinal parasite prevention products
• Recommendations for flea & tick prevention
• Nutritional counseling
• Behavior discussion and training recommendations
• Recommendations for spay, neuter or responsible breeding
• Description of a lifelong preventive health care plan
• Recommendations and options for veterinary insurance and wellness plans
The documents below contain the detailed information that we will discuss with you at your visits.
Please bring the following items with you to ensure that your family has the best possible experience:
• Your puppy on a leash or in a carrier
• All veterinary records and other paperwork you have pertaining to your puppy’s care
• A fresh stool sample (ideally less than 12 hours old)
• Questions you have for us regarding your puppy’s health care or behavior
We enjoy helping our clients and their families guide their new puppies along the exciting journey to exceptional health and lifelong happiness! Please call us as soon as you bring your puppy home to schedule an appointment.